Study of variability, heredity and correlations in Dactylis glomerata L.
height, number of days from the beginning of the spring regrowth to the leaf-tube formation and leaf coverage were studied in 18 varieties and populations of Dactylis glomerata L. in the period of 2016–2017 at the Institute of Agriculture of the Carpathian region of the National Academy of Agrarian Sciences (Precarpathia zone). Using the covariance analysis, the genotypic and phenotypic coefficients of variation, correlation and heredity were calculated. Heredity was greatest for the number of days before leaf-tube formation (0.83). According to the annual dry matter yield (11.45–12.07 t/ha), five new populations of Dactylis glomerata L., in particular No. 1235, 1505, 1227, 1314 and 916 significantly exceeded (P < 0.05) the standard, namely Drohobychanka variety, by 7.16–12.86 %. Positive, high, genotypic correlations (P < 0.01) were observed between the dry matter yield of the first cut and plant height (0.780).
2. Carlson I. T. Phenotypic and genotypic variation in quantitative characters in strans of orchard grass / I. T. Carlson, R. N. Moll // Crop science, 1962. – № 2, P. 282—286.
3. Casler M. D. Genetic variation and covariation in population of tetraploid Dactylis L. accessions / M. D. Casler // Theoretical and applied genetics Vol 81., 1991. – № 2. – P. 253—264.
4. Dospekhov B. A. Metodika polevogo opyta (s osnovami statisticheskoy obrabotki rezul'tatov issledovaniy) / B. A. Dospekhov. – Izd. 4-ye, pererab. I dop. – M. : Kolos, 1979. – 416 s.
5. Kalton R. R. Evaluation of combining ability in Dactylis glomerata L. Clonal and outcross progeny performance / R. R. Kalton, R. C. Leffel, C. E. Wasson, M. G. Weiss // 1955. – Jowa St Coll. J. Sci. – Vol 29. – P. 631— 658.
6. Konik G. S. Metodologíya selektsíí̈ bagatoríchnikh bobovikh í zlakovikh trav u Peredkarpattí / G. S. Konik, L. Z. Baystruk-Glodan, M. M. Khom’yak, G. Z. Zhapaleu // Metodichní rekomendatsíí̈. Obroshino: 2015. – 156 s.
7. Smith S. E. Evalution of simple Methods for Estimating Broad-Sense Heritability in Stands of Randomly Planted Genotypes / S. E. Smith, R. O. Kuehl, R. H. Ray, D. Soleri // 1998. – Crop Science 38. – P. 1125—1129.